|Special Notice on 72-hour Transit without Visa for Foreigners from some Countries|
Since January 1, 2013, Chinese Government has carried out a new 72-hour visa-free transit policy in Beijing and Shanghai for foreigners from some countries.
A foreign citizen holding an ordinary passport issued by any of the following countries is exempted from a visa if transiting through Beijing or Shanghai and staying for no more than 72 hours in the two cities:
1. European Schengen visa agreement countries (24 countries): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
2. Other European countries (7 countries): Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine.
3. American countries (6 countries): the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile.
4. Oceania countries (2 countries): Australia, New Zealand.
5. Asian countries (6 countries): South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar.
For more information, please look up the following website: