|REQUIREMENTS FOR FAMILY VISIT VISA (L VISA)|
I. Basic Requirements
- Current passport with at least 6 months of validity and at least one blank visa page.
- One completed and signed Visa Application Form (BG-01) with one additional passport photo (black & white or colorful).
- Invitation letter from your relatives in China, documents to prove the relationship, and/or air tickets.
Please fill in the application form carefully, completely, and clearly. If not, it may lead to delay in process, or even decline of application.
II. Methods of Application & Process Time
- Applicants are required to appear in the visa office to apply. If an applicant cannot come personally, he/she may entrust a relative, friend to come and submit the application on his/her behalf. The Chinese Embassy and Consulates do not accept visa applications by mail.
- No appointment is necessary for visa applications.
- Regularly it takes 4 business days to process.
- The applicant may request expedited process with the approval of consular officers. Additional urgent fee of 4000 Naira per visa for 2- or 3-business-day process will be charged.
III. Visa Fee, Validity, & Duration of Stay
- Visa fee: single entry: 5000 Naira; double entries: 7500 Naira. Two days express processing: 4000 Naira. Cash of at least 100 Naira face value is accepted only. Visa fee will be paid on the date of collection. Pay the visa fee only at the Stanbic IBTC Bank opposite the Consulate.
- Unless the applicant specifies his/her request on the application form and obtains approval from the consular officers, the validity of the visa is generally 3 months, with the duration of stay being up to 30 days.
1. The Chinese visa is generally valid for 3 months from the issue date to enter China. Please apply for your visa within 3 months of entry into China according to your travel itinerary, and avoid expiry of visa, or extra cost of urgent fee due to lack of application process time. Please also be noted the duration of stay in China. The permitted duration of stay of Chinese visas are generally up to 30 days. If you need to stay longer, please apply to the local public security bureau in China for visa extension.
2. Previous Chinese citizens who have obtained foreign citizenship should present their original Chinese passport when applying for a Chinese visa for the first time. In this case, a child should also provide the original and photocopy of passports of both parents.
3. The validity, duration of stay, and number of entries of the Chinese visa are decided at the discretion of consular officers according to related Chinese laws and regulations. The consular officers have the authority to refuse any applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations, and are entitled to change and /or revoke any issued visas, without providing any explanation.
All information listed above is subject to change, without notice, at the discretion and interpretation of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates General.