|REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSIT VISA (G VISA)|
I. Basic Requirements
- Current passport with at least 6 months of validity and at least one blank visa page.
- One completed and signed Visa Application Form (BG-01) with one additional passport photo (black & white or colorful).
- The original and one photocopy of the visa of the destination country, or the air ticket (the original will be checked and returned to the applicant).
Please fill in the application form carefully, completely, and clearly. If not, it may lead to delay in process, or even decline of application.
If necessary, the consular officer will telephone and inform the applicant to provide additional information, such as an invitation letter from your relatives in China, invitation from a Chinese travel agency, and/or air tickets, or travel itinerary.
II. Methods of Application & Process Time
- Applicants are required to appear in the visa office to apply. If an applicant cannot come personally, he/she may entrust a relative, friend to come and submit the application on his/her behalf. The Chinese Embassy and Consulates do not accept visa applications by mail.
- No appointment is necessary for visa applications.
- Regularly it takes 4 business days to process.
- The applicant may request expedited process with the approval of consular officers. Additional urgent fee of 4000 Naira per visa for 2- or 3-business-day process will be charged.
III. Visa Fee, Validity, & Duration of Stay
- Visa fee: single transit: 5000 Naira; double transit: 7500 Naira. Two days express processing: 4000 Naira. Please pay in cash only. Cash of at least 100 Naira face value is accepted only. Visa fee will be paid on the date of collection. Pay the visa fee only at the Stanbic IBTC Bank opposite the Consulate.
- Unless the applicant specifies his/her request on the application form and obtains approval from the consular officers, the validity of the visa is generally 3 months, with the duration of stay being up to 7 days.
1. Foreign crewmembers or passengers, excluding citizens of the USA (except for transit in Shanghai) or UK, do not need a Chinese visa if they take a direct transit via China by plane for less than 24 hours without exiting from the airport.
2. Citizens from the following countries do not need a Chinese transit visa if they enter and exit from Pudong or Hongqiao airport, stay for less than 48 hours, and hold their valid passport, visa of the destination country, and on-going air ticket with departure date and seat confirmed: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, and USA.
3. The validity, duration of stay, and number of entries of the Chinese visa are decided at the discretion of consular officers according to related Chinese laws and regulations. The consular officers have the authority to refuse any applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations, and are entitled to change and /or revoke any issued visas, without providing any explanation.
All information listed above is subject to change, without notice, at the discretion and interpretation of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates General.